“People join companies; they leave bosses.”
Here’s the good news: Excessive team member turnover is preventable. Training and preparing your management team with the knowledge, skills, and tools will improve team retention, sales, and profits.
You should ask yourself why some teams have minimal turnover and some are off-the-charts high. Same company, same product, same policies, etc.
Let’s dive into that.
Top Ten Reasons Ineffective Managers Drive Good Team Members Quit.
- They are taking Credit for others’ work. Your team members see right through that and hate them for it.
- Poor communicator. They say things in ways that are hard to understand. They don’t gain understanding or comprehension, or they give direction that conflicts with prior direction, etc. They speak in monologs and do not allow for any dialog.
- They are Hard-headed and Stubborn. If they want your opinion, they will give it to you. There is only one way, and it is their way.
- Poor Listener. Nothing drives a team member crazier than a boss who never allows them to finish a sentence before jumping in with their diatribe. They have two ears and one mouth, but they don’t use them proportionately.
- They keep important information to themselves or only share it with a few and not all.
- They are not making deposits into the emotional bank account. All they do is withdraw. They only criticize and rarely recognize or show their appreciation.
- No empathy. If they can work late and seven days a week… everyone should.
- Talk about team members to other team members behind their backs.
- Say yes to everything they ask, even though they know everything can’t be done. Then when things do not get done or go wrong, they blame the team members for not getting it all done.
- They don’t take action with lousy team members. Even one bad team member can create dysfunction in a team. These bad bosses live with the problem team member, and the remainder of the team resents it. This lack of dealing with problems lowers team engagement and productivity for team members.
Do your think that any boss does any of these reasons on purpose? Of course not.
Ineffective managers just don’t know another way. These Top Ten Reasons are the by-product of the “Trial and Error” management training program.
The Good News? These 10 reasons are all fixable!
If you or your managers are ready to improve your leadership approach? To gain knowledge and begin leading like the leader you want to be. Dramatically reduce the loss of good employees. Results-Driven Leadership can help teach and coach you and your team to improve.
In our online Results Driven Manager Training Program, we take a deep dive into all of these reasons and offer real-world solutions to proactively avoid these reasons with real-world approaches that have worked with thousands of managers for decades.
Results-Driven Leadership Management Training provides the knowledge, skills, and tools that many managers lack. Especially the emerging manager. Abolish the “Trial and Error” management training program in your company and bring in the pros who have trained thousands of managers with the right leadership tools and approaches for decades
Let’s get your managers trained and your emerging managers ready for the next level of responsibility.